PART NUMBER: MG30-3C-100NF
The MG30-3C-100NF stores a maximum of 1.8 kJ and can deliver 300 kV to a matched load. This generator’s mica film capacitor-based design results in a much higher energy density compared to typical coaxial Marx Generators. This Marx Generator was designed to be low-impedance and axially-compact in order to drive HPM antennas on remote platforms.
Additionally, the MG30 design requires only pressurized dry air for operation and an AC outlet for extended duration operations. The basic user facility requirements minimize the operating cost of the system (e.g. lack of an oil circulation system) and allow for operation on a variety of platforms.
The Marx system has a diameter of 50.8 cm (20 inches). Three 100 nF capacitors (20 kV charge voltage) are used in parallel to achieve the desired per-stage energy density. By paralleling capacitive stages (2 per linear stage), the overall length is compressed by a factor of two, compared to Marx Generator systems of comparable energy.
- Maximum open-circuit voltage: 600 kV
- Maximum peak voltage into matched load: 300 kV
- Maximum repetition rate: 1 Hz
- Energy per pulse: 1,800 J
- Pulse rise-time: 90 ns
- Requires only pressurized dry air for operation and an AC outlet for extended durations
- Basic user facility requirements minimize operating costs
- Operable across a variety of platforms